Traveling



Traveling is one of my biggest passions. I personally believe it is so important to go to new places and experience what they have to offer. Whether it's a new city or a new country, each place has something different and special about it. When I'm traveling, I try and find a perfect balance of what to do there. My ideal trip involves eating at a lot of great restaurants, going to all of the tourist attractions, finding different or less "touristy" things to do, and adding walks in their parks or hiking whenever possible. I am the type of person that would rather run around exploring a new city rather than laying on a beach for a week. With the COVID-19 pandemic, it has become difficult to travel. However, I did take a little midwest road trip over the summer. My sister and I took a week to drive to Louisville, the Mammoth Cave National Park, Shawnee National Forest in Illinois, St. Louis, Indianapolis, and the Indiana Dunes National Park. It was a great week! This picture above was taken of a mural in St. Louis.


Vocabulary: 

Passion= strong emotion

Personally= someone's own standpoint or opinion

Ideal= a perception of what's perfect

Tourist= a person who is visiting or traveling to a place from somewhere else

Explore= travel in or through an unfamiliar area to learn about it

Pandemic= a disease prevalent over a whole country or over the whole world


Vocabulary Exercise:

Define each of the following vocabulary words.

1. Explore:

2. Personally:

3. Ideal: 

4. Pandemic:

5. Tourist:

6. Passion:


Grammar Point: 

The Present Continuous Tense is a verb tense that shows an ongoing action that is happening now. This can be either in the present moment, in a larger sense, or that it will take place in the near future. In the sentence "You are learning English," the verb "learning" is in the present continuous tense. You can read more about this grammar point at https://www.englishpage.com/verbpage/presentcontinuous.html.

Grammar Exercise:

1. Find three words in the present continuous tense from the paragraph above.

2. What is the present continuous tense of the verb "run?"

3. Write your own sentence with a verb in the present continuous tense.

Comments

  1. Hi Brianna, I love to travel as well so I can definitely relate to this post! However, I will say that I do love to sit on the beach on a vacation once in a while. I guess if a vacation isn’t long enough to “waste time”, I would prefer to explore and site see like you. But if I’m going somewhere like Florida or Aruba, I will gladly sun bathe the day away. I liked your vocabulary section. I think I will lay my vocabulary exercise that way in my next post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always traveled a lot at your age. When I got older, I had a family, so it became more difficult to travel. Your road trip sounds like great fun. Good grammar point and vocabulary!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts